Introduction: Plastic Crushing Business
At room temperature, plastics are substances composed of chemicals that bond together to form a solid item. Unlike wood, which does not change much when heated, cooled, exposed to sunlight, or loaded, Plastics can heat up, twist, sag, or break if they become fragile.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Plastic Crushing Business
- Commercial plastics:
- Reprocessing plastics:
- Plastic and its associated health risks:
- From where plastic waste can be obtained?
- Plastic Recycling: Social responsibility
- Plastic recycling stages:
- What are the plastic processing options?
- Processes involved in Plastic crushing business
- How to set up plastic crushing business?
- Challenges for plastic crushing business in India
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
Types of plastics:
- Natural polymers
Some engineering plastic materials, such as ABS, Nylon and Kevlar are extremely useful and well-suited to closed-loop recycling. Since these engineering plastics are single-type products, they are far easier to recover and recycle than those in the mixed plastic municipal system.
Read Our Blog: How to Recycle Single-Use Plastic
The type and tonnage of plastics waste being discarded of domestically must be quantified before forming a plastics recycling business. This will help you figure out which plastics to buy and reprocess. Reprocessing waste plastics necessitates a degree of plastic content awareness well beyond that expected by woodworkers.
The recycled plastics should be sold according to a set of guidelines. This necessitates the producer's product being tested. This not only serves as a quality control measure within the company, but it also allows the customer to adjust their extruding machinery accordingly.
Plastic and its associated health risks:
At any point of its life cycle, plastic leads to health problems. Toxic chemicals such as benzene and vinyl chloride are released during the manufacturing of plastic, which can increase the risk of cancer.
From where plastic waste can be obtained?
The routes by which waste plastic reaches the recycling market are enumerated below.
- Material that has been rejected by the plastics industry.
- Single-type plastics disposed of by industrial enterprises or farms.
- Take-back services(retail)
- Returned product, appliance, or vehicle dismantlers' mixed plastics.
Plastic Recycling: Social responsibility
Plastic in itself is not an issue per se but the social attitude with respect to its management practices and disposal is a challenge. One must focus on reduced use of plastic and focus on 3R’s like reduce, reuse and recycle. Regular awareness must be created so that people understand that there is a social responsibility towards environment. The vast amount of plastic will not go to waste thanks to plastic recycling. Instead, you can repurpose the materials to create new items
Read Our Blog: Importance of Plastic Recycling
Plastic recycling stages:
Numerous stages of plastic recycling are as follows:
- Classifying plastic
What are the plastic processing options?
Options which can be explored for plastic processing can be listed as follows:
- Chemical recycling
- Shredding of mixed waste and intrusion for the manufacture of plastic lumber
- Shredding of mixed waste for sale to plastic lumber producers
Processes involved in Plastic crushing business
The plastic crushing business can be set up while keeping the following process in mind:
- Plastic Shredding on a Dry Basis:
The shredder is made up of a powerful rotor with teeth that spins within a cylindrical frame. Plastic is placed into a hopper well above rotor, and a ram drives the material against the rotor at a set rate, ensuring that the shredder is loaded at the highest possible rate.
- Water Treatment:
A scheme for washing and drying is needed to clean the shredded material and separate the polypropylene.
- Pellet Dry Shredding and Reforming:
The baled plastic can be sliced and then passed through a hot extruder to soften it and produce plastic in the form of "spaghetti," which is then chopped with a spinning knife to produce new pellets.
- During the pelletizing process, removal of pollutants and gas:
In contrast to a mechanical shredder, this method necessitates heated extrusion equipment. This method is more expensive than simple mechanical shredding.
- Chemicals to be added in the Manufacture of Plastic Lumber:
At the stage where the shredded plastic or pre-prepared pellets are fed into its extruder, fillers, additives, and pigments can all be applied.
How to set up plastic crushing business?
Before setting up a plastic crushing business the entrepreneurs must acquire capital and finance. Thereafter there should be outlined business marketing plan. A business plan not only forces the entrepreneur to consider all facets of the company, but it also informs the bank, venture investors, and those interested in the company of what you expect to do and the possible payback on every capital investments. The following requisites are as follows:
- Describing business: State and describe the business plan and accord a name to the business.
- Target People: Invest in hiring experienced professionals with good qualification and employ staff members
- Explain the product or service: Explain as to what the business intends to offer in the form of product or service.
- Marketing strategy: Chalk out a marketing strategy and target growing consumers.
- Research analysis: thoroughly research about the market players and prepare a questionnaire.
- Assess competition: Assessing the competition is crucial for better growth.
- Swot analysis: Know about your strength and weaknesses in detail. Keep a tab on opportunities and threats also.
- Supply Source: Identify suppliers from where you can get waste plastic and arrange for payment terms.
- Have a premise: Make sure you have place for storing and processing plastic waste.
- Equipment: Specify the machinery requirements and fitting cost.
- Transport: Identify the cost of transport, and related mileage cost.
- Legal requirements: Draft legal policies, insurances, other legal implications.
Read Our Blog: Best Tips For Plastic Waste Management
Challenges for plastic crushing business in India
Many challenges surround the plastic crushing business in India which can be listed as follows;
- It becomes highly difficult to separate and identify clean plastic.
- Due to a complete lack of equipment that can effectively separate plastic waste, local governments and most material recovery facilities are unable to openly collect plastic waste.
- Sometimes supply of waste plastic might not be available.
Plastic crushing business is highly profitable considering the fact that there is availability of plastic waste in huge amounts which requires attention. The business can boom and also help simultaneously in aiding for environmental and ecological balance.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.