In the recent notification released by the Bureau of Indian Standard, the requirement of hallmarking is exempted for gold and silver jewelry under certain circumstances.
As per the notification the hallmarking is exempted under the following conditions
- Exports related transactions
- Gold articles meant for export and re-import as per trade policy of the Government of India
- Gold articles meant for international exhibitions
- Gold articles meant for domestic business to business exhibitions approved by the Government
- ‘Kundan’, ‘Jadau’,and ‘Polki’ Jewelry are exempted.
For any further queries, reach us out at www.corpseed.com