Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) will introduce a new health star rating (HSR)
- Under this, the packaged food products in India will soon be labelled officially with this HSR
- The rating will be the first such in India
- The objective of the HSR format is to guide consumers to opt for healthy food.
- The HSR format will rank packaged food items based on salt, sugar and fat content and the rating will be printed on the front of the package
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad recommended HSR as the most preferred format by Indian consumers under a new policy on front of Packaging Labeling in India