Nowadays, the government is promoting the growth of MSME businesses by introducing various schemes such as Single point Registration, Marketing Assistance Scheme, Performance and Credit Rating Scheme etc. All such schemes are operated under NSIC, i.e. National Small Industries Corporation which is a Government enterprise that falls under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) is a certified Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). NSIC has been working to promote aid and foster the growth of MSME’s enterprises in the country.
- NSIC can also be treated as a Mini Ratna PSU set up by the Government of India in the year 1955.
- The mission of NSIC is to promote and support the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Sector by providing integrated support services encompassing Marketing, Technology, Finance, And other services.
Schemes for MSMEs Registered under NSIC:
Single Point Registration Scheme
In India, the Government is the single largest buyer of a variety of goods. With a view to increase the share of purchase from the small-scale sector, the Government Stores Purchase Program was launched in 1955-56. NSIC registers Micro & small Enterprises under Single Point Registration scheme for participation in Government Purchases.
Infomediary Services Scheme
With a tremendous increase in the competition and melting away of the international boundaries, the demand for the information is reaching new heights. NSIC is realizing the needs of MSMEs all over and is offering Info media Services which is a one-stop, one-window bouquet of aids that will provide information on the business, technology, and finance, and also exhibit the core competence of Indian SMEs. The NSIC is offering the Infomediary Services through its MSME Global Mart; which is a Business to Business (B2B) compliant web portal.
Benefits of Infomediary Service Scheme
- It provides Interactive database for MSMEs
- It is a self-web development tool
- It provides multiple language support
- It has a centralized mail system
- It is a trust seal of NSIC
- It is a payment gateway for membership subscription
National Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Hub Scheme
India is witnessing rapid growth and prosperity and for this to be truly inclusive, all the sections of the society need to partake in the prosperity. Besides wage employment and education, the marginalized sections of the society also need to envision, create and scale - up ventures to be a major participant in this growth story. Until now, there has been some increase in the number of SC/ST owned enterprises all over India, but this needs to be increased substantially to enable the socio-economic empowerment of the SC/ST communities. Pertaining to this, the National SC/ST Hub is an initiative of the Government of India targeting the development of a supportive ecosystem towards SC/ST entrepreneurs.
The National SC/ST Hub (NSSH)
Helps in providing professional support to the SC/ST enterprises thereby enabling them to effectively participate in the public procurement process. This would involve participation by the CPSEs/Central Ministries, States, Industry Associations such as DICCI and others. The National SC/ST Hub would further work towards the development of new entrepreneurs to participate in the procurement process of leveraging on the ‘Stand up India’ Program. The Selected entrepreneurs would be provided with support of the experts and mentoring by industry experts, CPSEs, and incubators.
Benefits of National Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Hub Scheme
- The Capacity building among the existing and prospective SC/ST entrepreneurs through skill training and EDPs.
- It provides the benefit of promoting the involvement of SC/ST entrepreneurs in exhibitions and organizing special exhibitions for this purpose.
- It further helps in working with the different State Governments and other organizations in the interest of the SC/ST entrepreneurs.