- OSP stands for Other Service Providers which means a company providing services to Telecommunication Industry that uses telecom resources.
- Any Company providing 'Applications Services' i.e. providing services like Tele-banking, Tele-medicine, Tele-education, Tele-trading, E-commerce, Call Centre, network operation center and other IT Enabled services, by using Telecom Resources provided by Authorized Telecom Service Providers shall obtain this license.
- If you want to start a business for BPO in India, then you need to apply for the DoT and OSP license that is granted by the department of telecommunication.
- DoT provides license for BPO, calls centers and allows these activities by assessing the infrastructure of non-telecom service provider.
- The DoT OSP License is location specific, for every license a separate OSP License is required. After grant of the first license you can apply for another location as well.
General Terms and Conditions for OSP Registration:
- Registration may be granted to any company to provide Application Services.
- The entities entitled for OSP registration must be a company registered under Indian Companies Act, 1956.
- A Company may apply for registration to the Authority in the proforma prescribed by the Authority from time to time. (List of authority’s annexures to the Application Form).