How to register under Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
What is an APEDA and who has to get registered?
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Indian Government under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act which was passed by the Parliament in 1985.
The Authority substituted the Processed Food Export Promotion Council (PFEPC).
APEDA is for the development and promotion of export of scheduled products. It provides financial assistance, information, guidelines towards the development of scheduled products.
- “Scheduled products” means any of the agricultural or processed food products included in the First Schedule.
What are the functions assigned to APEDA?
In accordance with the Act, the following functions have been assigned to the Authority:
- Development of industries related with the scheduled products for export by way of providing financial assistance
- Exporters’ registration for the scheduled products on payment of requisite fees
- Setting standards and specifications for the scheduled products for the purpose of exports
- Carrying out inspection of certain products for the purpose of ensuring the quality of the products
- Maintaining packaging and marketing of the Scheduled products outside India
- Promotion of export oriented production and development of the Scheduled products
- Maintaining data of exporters of the scheduled products and publishing such data
- Providing training in various aspects of the industries as related with the scheduled products
Also APEDA is mandated with the responsibility of export promotion and development of the scheduled products such as :
- Fruits, Vegetables and their Products
- Meat and Meat Products
- Poultry and Poultry Products
- Dairy Products
- Confectionery, Biscuits and Bakery Products
- Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Cereal and Cereal Products
- Groundnuts, Peanuts and Walnuts
- Pickles, Papads and Chutneys
- Guar Gum
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants
Also, APEDA has been entrusted with the responsibility to monitor import of sugar
All the individuals/corporate who are exporting any one or more of the Scheduled products, before the expiry of one month from the date on which he undertakes such export or before the expiry of three months from the date of coming into force of this section, whichever is later, shall apply to Authority to be registered as an exporter of the Scheduled product or products.
Once the application is properly filed by the applicant, the authority will issue Registration -Cum- Membership- Certificate (RCMC). This registration is one-time registration and all the registered members are governed by the rules & regulations under APEDA Act.
Documents required for registration:
- Duly signed an application form
- Copy of Import-Export code issued by D.G.F.T
- Bank Certificate duly signed by the authorities
- Bank A/c. statement of the bank account of the firm (for previous 2 months)
- Cancelled cheque
Advantages of APEDA registration:
With respect to the export of scheduled products, APEDA registration is mandatory
- Exporters can avail the various financial assistance schemes of APEDA
- It helps the exporters in brand publicity through advertisement, packaging development, database up-gradation and surveys etc
- Provides guidelines to exporters about the various products and countries for export
- Registered members can participate in training programmes organized by APEDA for various scheduled products and thereby improve their business.
Online registration process
With the objective of simplification of procedures and ease of doing business with effect from 1.8.2015, the issuance of RCMC has been made online using digital signatures. Exporters can submit an application online and the steps are listed below:
- Login to the APEDA Website and Register himself as Member
- Enter the basic details such as IE CODE, Email ID & Mobile number
- One Time Password will be generated and to be verified.
- Once verification is complete, fill in the online application and upload the required documents as mentioned above.
- Or just get your work done with us www.corpseed.com.