How to apply for grant of Carry-on-Business License from Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP)
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
How to apply for a grant of Carry-on-Business License from Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP)
- This form is to be used for making application for the grant of Carry-On-Business (COB) License under the provisions of Sections 13(a), 13(b), 13(c), and 29B(2) of the Industries (Development & Regulation) Act, 1951.
- Application is to be submitted to Secretariat for Industrial Assistance, Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi with 5 spare copies of the application.
- Application shall be necessarily accompanied by a Demand Draft for
- Rs. 2500/- (Rupees Two thousand and five hundred only) drawn in favor of "Pay and Accounts Officer, Department of Industrial Development" payable at State Bank of India, Nirman Bhawan Branch, New Delhi.
- The application should be complete in all respects. Incomplete applications will not be entertained. The application format should be duly signed and the designation/authority of the person signing the application should be clearly shown.
- On receipt of application SIA will issue an Acknowledgement with a distinctive reference number. The applicant has to quote the distinctive reference number in all future correspondence.
- The applicant shall furnish details of investment and production duly certified by a Chartered Accountant.
- In case unit is registered with technical authorities and/or State Director of Industries, a notarized copy of the registration certificate is to be attached.
- Balance sheet for the last three years should be attached with three copies of the application.
- Applicant shall furnish a list of names and addresses of proprietors, partners, owners or Board of Directors.
- In calculating the value of Plant & Machinery, the original price thereof irrespective of whether the Plant & Machinery are new or second hand, shall be taken into account.
For calculating the value of plant and machinery, the following shall be excluded, namely: -
- The cost of equipment’s such as tools, jigs, dies, moulds and spare parts for maintenance and the cost of consumable stores;
- The cost of installation of plant and machinery;
- The cost of Research and Development (R&D) equipment and pollution control equipment;
- The cost of generation sets, extra transformer, etc. installed by the undertaking as per the regulations of the State Electricity Board;
- The Bank charges and service charges paid to the National Small Industries Corporation or the State Small Industries Corporation;
- The cost involved in procurement or installation of cables, wiring, bus bars, electrical control panels (not those mounted on individual machines), Oil Circuit Breakers/Miniature Circuit Breakers, etc. which are necessarily to be used for providing electrical power to the plant and machinery/safety measures;
- The cost of gas producer plant;
- Transportation charges (excluding of taxes e.g. Sales-tax, Excise etc.) For indigenous machinery from the place of manufacturing to the site of the factory;
- Charges paid for technical know-how for erection of plant and machinery;
- Cost of such storage tanks which store raw material finished products only and are not linked with the manufacturing process; and
- Cost of fire fighting Equipment’s.
In the case of imported machinery, the following shall be included in calculating the value, namely: -
- Import duty (excluding miscellaneous expenses as transportation from the port to the site of the factory, demurrage paid at the port).
- The shipping charges.
- Customs clearance charges, and Sales tax.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.