Rubber Board is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. It was constituted as per the Rubber Act, 1947 and Rubber Rules 1955 for the overall development of the rubber industry in the country. The Head Office of the Board is located at Kottayam in the state of Kerala.
The Rubber Act, 1947
The Rubber Act necessitates that 'No person shall sell or otherwise dispose of, and no person shall buy or otherwise acquire, rubber except under and in accordance with the terms of a general or special license issued by the Board'. All traders, processors, exporters, importers and manufacturers of rubber goods are required to possess valid special licenses. Rubber Board is the Export promotion Council as far as natural rubber is concerned. Hence exporters of rubber shall possess valid Registration-cum-Membership Licenses (RCMC) issued by the Board. All these business categories as well as large growers (estates) shall file various monthly/half-yearly/annual returns with the Board.
About Rubber Board's e-Governance Program (RBeGP)
Rubber Board initiated an ambitious program on e-Governance named RBeGP. The objective of the program is to electronically enable all service-delivery points whether internal or external, for the benefit and satisfaction of the stake holders including its employees, by way of providing better responses to their requests; effective, efficient and transparent style of functioning and by enhancing employee productivity. This includes services to the stakeholders such as the growers, traders, processors, exporters and manufacturers of the rubber industry. The program also covers office automation activities such as e-office, document and content management, e-procurement as well as employee-oriented functions such as administration, HR & payroll, recruitment, pension and grievances, etc. The Board thus reiterates its commitment to the stakeholders and to the government.
The Program Covers the Following Areas:
- Services for small growers, large growers and Rubber Producer's Societies (RPS).
- Services for the business communities such as dealers, processors, exporters, importers and manufacturers.
- HRD-related services- such as training and development, Labour welfare services, etc.
- Information dissemination & grievance redressal.
- Setting up information & knowledge hub on rubber.
- Automating and aligning the internal processes.
- ICT enabling of its subordinate offices and Rubber Producers Societies for empowerment.